Ingredients – Serves 6-8
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- 150g persian feta cheese
- 2-3 roasted sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup cooked cous cous
- 400g rocket
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Zest and juice of a lemon
Roast sweet potato in oven for 30-45mins at 180 degrees. Meanwhile make the chermoula by pounding garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Transfer to a jar and mix in herbs and
olive oil. Cook cous cous following instructions. Once this is completed and the sweet potato is cooked to your liking. Mix all salad ingredients together with chopped raw nuts and dressing. You can make this for lunch to take to work during the week. Take the dressing in a separate container/glass jar. This salad is full of flavour and texture, it’s worth the preparation to enjoy the full flavours of the the combined herbs and spices.
I hope you enjoy! x
This salad can be served with any protein it doesn’t have to be beef. This meal is a great source of Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Zinc, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Complex Carbohydrates (great gut fibre), Monounsaturated Fat and it makes your feel good.
Serves roughly 5 depending on how hungry you are.
- 1 bag of kaleslaw kit or something with lots of greens in it (I don’t normally buy these b/c environmental reasons but they are easy and convenient when your trying to be healthy and have a nutritious and easy). This contains kale, carrot, cabbage, beetroot and many other goodies.
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cucumbers chopped (they aren’t in season at the moment so you could try snow peas or something that is in season instead)
- 2 pieces of rump steak (preferably grass fed) 250 grams
- 1/2 packet of vermicelli noodles (optional)
- 1 bunch of mint chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Thai Beef Sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce (soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- squeeze of 2 lime
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated ginger
- 1 finely grated or crushed garlic
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients in glass jar, shake and taste to ensure you have balanced flavours
- Bring fry pan to high heat. Place beef on plate and cover with most of the EVOO. Cook a couple of minutes each side to your liking. Once cooked remove from heat, and rest until ready to serve.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl. If using noodles cook as per instructions. Mix noodles, salad and salad dressing together, be sure to leave a small amount of dressing to use when platting up.
- Slice steak, roughly 1 cm thickness.
- Plate up, topping with a couple of pieces of steak and drizzle with left over salad dressing.
A dear friend of mine Jane, has cooked a version of this for me in the past. It was absolutely delicious, so I decided to give it my touch (different dressing and vegies). However, the combination of the dill, fennel and the fish is a show stopper. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. x
Ingredients – serves 4
- 4 x salmon fillets or fish of your choice
- 1 fennel bulb shaved/sliced thinly
- 300g fresh rocket
- 1 cup peas and or snow peas
- 1 sweet potato cut into cubes for roasting
- 4 small potatoes cut into cubes for roasting
- 1-2tbs extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (chopped)
Dressing – Make sure you taste this and add to it as you see fit. This is the hero of the dish!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbs horseradish
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Heat oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix diced potato and sweet potato with 1-2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and then place on roasting try. Bake in oven for approximately 25-35mins.
- Whilst roasting mix up salad dressing in a jar, mix to combine. Don’t add dressing until last minute.
- Blanche peas and or snow peas for a couple of minutes in boiling water.
- Put salad ingredients together. Keep a small amount of dill for plating up.
- Drizzle 1tbs of EVOO on roasting tray and sprinkle salt before placing the salmon fillets skin down on the roasting tray, covering the skin of the salmon.
- After 25mins of roasting vegetables place salmon in oven and bake (along with veggies) for approximately 15mins (or until cooked to your liking).
- Once everything is cooked to your liking, mix cold salad goodies with warm vegetables, add salad dressing and toss with salad servers.
- Plate up the salad, place fish on top and garnish with dill.
Have a happy and safe Easter!
- 1-2 onion diced
- 3-4 garlic (crushed/diced/grated)
- 2 rashes of lean bacon (optional)
- 2-3 zucchini grated, you could also add 250g baby spinach (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup diced fetta, halumi or cheddar cheese
Turn oven to 175 degrees. Sauté onion for 2-3 mins and then add garlic, cook until transluccent on medium heat.
Add bacon and grated zucchini, cook for further 5 mins. Mix eggs and almond meal in a bowl, once onion mixture cooked add to eggs and mix together. Poor into 15cm x 30 cm cooking tray (lined with baking paper), add cheese of choice and bake in oven for roughly 25-35mins.
Enjoy for Breakfast, lunch or dinner! x
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 whole capsicum (red or green), deseeded and quartered
1 zuchinnin (diced)
1/2 cauliflower head (cut into small branches)
3 whole beetroots, peeled and diced in 2cm cubes (roughly)
1 lemon (need both zest and juice)
2tbs of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
300g of baby spinach
2tbs Sundried Tomato Pesto (see recipe)
Preheat oven 180 degrees
Prepare all vegetables and place in mixing bowl
Mix the zest from the lemon, grate the garlic and add 1tbs of EVOO to the vegetables
Place all on a roasting tray and place in oven for roughly 35-45mins depending on oven
Place roasted vegetables on bed of baby spinach add drizzle EVOO and squeeze lemon over salad.
Add sundried tomato pesto for a lovely mediterranian flavour.
- 800g fresh watermelon, skin cut off
- 250g feta cheese, Persain feta is beautiful and creamy, a lovely accompliment to the watermelon
- Big punch chopped parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 400g rocket
- 1 pomegranate (optional however this gives a sensational pop of flavour)
- 100g pistachio’s
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mix all indredients together and then add the drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Serve with some roast chicken, white fish or simply have on it’s own.
This is a wonderful liver cleansing juice, rehydrating and helps your liver do it’s job:
- 1 beetroot cleaned
- 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 sticks of celery
- 3cm knob of ginger
- 1/2 – 1 granny smith apple
- Handful of mint
Using a nutribullet of juicer, juice away and drink. This is great to have first thing int he morning or after a workout to rehydrate you in the warmer months.
Ingredients – serves um depends how hungry you are, should roughly get 15 slices out of it!
- 1 cup ground almonds/almond flour
- 1 zuchinni grated (I use a microplane to get fine pieces)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100g dark chocolate – chopped into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven and line baking tray with baking paper
- Grate zuchinni
- Mix rest of the ingredients together, place in a 20cm x 20cm baking tray
- Bake in over for roughly 30 mins or until knive comes out of center of brownie clea.
- Alow to cool, slice and serve with either dollop of cream of home made custard.
Enjoy for a snack of dessert! x
Evening All, I made this dinner last night… honestly it was made in fifteen minutes and tastes sooo good.
Ingredients – Serves 3-4 (depending how hungry you are)
- 1 can chickpeas drained (Note with can food, I try to organic where possible but I also watch out for number in the ingredients)
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- 1 can lentils drained
- I can tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 can of organic coconut milk (or cream)
- Cottage cheese to serve
- 250g of baby spinach
- Saute onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sautee for another 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add all other ingredients: tin tomato’s, chickpeas, red kidney beans, lentils, juice of one lemon, coconut milk. Simmer for another 5 minutes
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach, with a dollop of cottage cheese and corriander
Strawberry Cheesecake – this recipe is inspired from Wholefoods Simply, thank you!
Your challenge it to only have one piece. This is a delicious dessert, very decadent!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (sulfate free, go to health food shop to avoid the preservative 220 that is used in dried fruits)
- 6 dates pitied
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- pinch of salt
- 250g philladelphia cream cheese (use lite if you wish), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- handful of chopped strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries or rasberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup or rice malt syrup (feel free to add more or less
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (refined, if you don’t like the coconut flavour so much)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Base: Blend all ingredients in your food processor for at least 5 minutes, it needs to come together if not add a little coconut oil to create a dough consistency. Once blended extremely well, will be soft to touch pour into your tin/mould lined with baking paper. Firmly press the base into the mould and place in the freezer.
- Filling: Blend all ingredients in food processor until you have a nice creamy consistency should take 5-7 minutes. Once you have a creamy consistency add to your base, sprinkle with frozen strawberries or rasberries and place back in the freezer.
- Top: place ingredients in a pot and milk together, creating a lovely ganache to be spread lightly ontop of your cheesecake and placed back into the freezer.
- Give it at least 1-2 hours in the freezer before serving.