- 1-2 onion diced
- 3-4 garlic (crushed/diced/grated)
- 2 rashes of lean bacon (optional)
- 2-3 zucchini grated, you could also add 250g baby spinach (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup diced fetta, halumi or cheddar cheese
Turn oven to 175 degrees. Sauté onion for 2-3 mins and then add garlic, cook until transluccent on medium heat.
Add bacon and grated zucchini, cook for further 5 mins. Mix eggs and almond meal in a bowl, once onion mixture cooked add to eggs and mix together. Poor into 15cm x 30 cm cooking tray (lined with baking paper), add cheese of choice and bake in oven for roughly 25-35mins.
Enjoy for Breakfast, lunch or dinner! x
This is a wonderful liver cleansing juice, rehydrating and helps your liver do it’s job:
- 1 beetroot cleaned
- 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 sticks of celery
- 3cm knob of ginger
- 1/2 – 1 granny smith apple
- Handful of mint
Using a nutribullet of juicer, juice away and drink. This is great to have first thing int he morning or after a workout to rehydrate you in the warmer months.
Ingredients – serves um depends how hungry you are, should roughly get 15 slices out of it!
- 1 cup ground almonds/almond flour
- 1 zuchinni grated (I use a microplane to get fine pieces)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100g dark chocolate – chopped into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven and line baking tray with baking paper
- Grate zuchinni
- Mix rest of the ingredients together, place in a 20cm x 20cm baking tray
- Bake in over for roughly 30 mins or until knive comes out of center of brownie clea.
- Alow to cool, slice and serve with either dollop of cream of home made custard.
Enjoy for a snack of dessert! x
Strawberry Cheesecake – this recipe is inspired from Wholefoods Simply, thank you!
Your challenge it to only have one piece. This is a delicious dessert, very decadent!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (sulfate free, go to health food shop to avoid the preservative 220 that is used in dried fruits)
- 6 dates pitied
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- pinch of salt
- 250g philladelphia cream cheese (use lite if you wish), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- handful of chopped strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries or rasberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup or rice malt syrup (feel free to add more or less
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (refined, if you don’t like the coconut flavour so much)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Base: Blend all ingredients in your food processor for at least 5 minutes, it needs to come together if not add a little coconut oil to create a dough consistency. Once blended extremely well, will be soft to touch pour into your tin/mould lined with baking paper. Firmly press the base into the mould and place in the freezer.
- Filling: Blend all ingredients in food processor until you have a nice creamy consistency should take 5-7 minutes. Once you have a creamy consistency add to your base, sprinkle with frozen strawberries or rasberries and place back in the freezer.
- Top: place ingredients in a pot and milk together, creating a lovely ganache to be spread lightly ontop of your cheesecake and placed back into the freezer.
- Give it at least 1-2 hours in the freezer before serving.
My most favourite flavours combined together… they are a match made in heaven. This super simple ice-cream will keep the kids and adults coming back for more… It’s so simple, so delicious, so refreshing exactly what you want on a hot summers day!
You can have this as itself or serve it with homemade pancake or fresh fruit salad….
- 500g Frozen Mango
- 1-2 Frozen Banana’s (chopped)
- 400g Coconut Cream
- Squeeze 1 lime
- 1 handful of mint
- 100g macadamia’s if feeling like a little bit of texture (optional)
Put the macadamia’s in the food processor and blitz to your liking. Then add the frozen Mango (slightly thawed), frozen banana and the coconut cream with the juice of 1 lime and blitz again. There you have it Mango, Lime and coconut sorbet in a jiffy…
Enjoy – it will probably be eaten within 5 minutes of making this so my advice would be to buy more of the ingredients than needed so you can make double the amount!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (you could try 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup coconut milk)
- 1tbs of LSA (optional) or handful of raw nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia’s)
- 1/4 avocado (great source of monunsaturated fat, aids in keeping you satiated for longer, takes creamy to a whole new level)
- 1 tbs of Cacao Powder (great antioxidant compound, adds more magnesium, potasium, iron, calcium, zinc, copper and manganese)
Mix all ingredients in the blender for 1 minute. Buon appetito!