- 2-3 L of home made chicken stock
- 2 leeks
- 2 rashes of bacon (Nitrate free) – finely diced or 200g diced chicken thigh
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 zucchini grated
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Handful of chopped parsley, chives and salt and pepper to taste
- Saute leeks in 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil for 5 mins then add minced garlic and continue to saute for another 5 mins until soft and slightly caramelised
- Add diced bacon of chicken, cook for a further 5-8 mins on medium heat until cooked through
- Add grated zucchini for flavour saute for a further 1 minute
- Add 2-3 Litres of homemade chicken stock (depending on your personal preference). Less stock gives you a thicker soup.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce and simmer on low for about 1 hour on until cauliflower is soft, once soft
- Blend to your liking and reheat before serving. Garnish with parsley, chives and salt and pepper and cream if you wish!