A dear friend of mine Jane, has cooked a version of this for me in the past. It was absolutely delicious, so I decided to give it my touch (different dressing and vegies). However, the combination of the dill, fennel and the fish is a show stopper. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. x
Ingredients – serves 4
- 4 x salmon fillets or fish of your choice
- 1 fennel bulb shaved/sliced thinly
- 300g fresh rocket
- 1 cup peas and or snow peas
- 1 sweet potato cut into cubes for roasting
- 4 small potatoes cut into cubes for roasting
- 1-2tbs extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (chopped)
Dressing – Make sure you taste this and add to it as you see fit. This is the hero of the dish!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbs horseradish
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Heat oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix diced potato and sweet potato with 1-2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and then place on roasting try. Bake in oven for approximately 25-35mins.
- Whilst roasting mix up salad dressing in a jar, mix to combine. Don’t add dressing until last minute.
- Blanche peas and or snow peas for a couple of minutes in boiling water.
- Put salad ingredients together. Keep a small amount of dill for plating up.
- Drizzle 1tbs of EVOO on roasting tray and sprinkle salt before placing the salmon fillets skin down on the roasting tray, covering the skin of the salmon.
- After 25mins of roasting vegetables place salmon in oven and bake (along with veggies) for approximately 15mins (or until cooked to your liking).
- Once everything is cooked to your liking, mix cold salad goodies with warm vegetables, add salad dressing and toss with salad servers.
- Plate up the salad, place fish on top and garnish with dill.
Have a happy and safe Easter!