It is already feeling like summer and I am loving getting back into more salads. Try this salad using your homemade chicken stock – it’s super fresh!
Ingredients, Serves 2-3 (depending how hungry you are!)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of homemade chicken stock
- half a cauliflower chopped into florets and roasted for 25-30mins in splash of olive oil and lemon zest
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 250g of rocket (add more if you like more, I always have more rocket, love it!)
- 1 bunch mint chopped
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oi
- Juice from 1-2 lemons and or you could use roughly 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Cook quinoa – 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups chicken stock. Bring mixture to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 mins. When cooked all excess moisture should have gone from the pot, leaving a slightly translucent grain. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile – break/cut cauliflower into florets and mix with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lemon zest. Roast in oven @ 180 degrees for about 25-30 mins allowing the cauliflower to caramelise
- Mix salad dressing ingredients into a jar mix and taste, balance the flavours if necessary
- Put all other salad ingredients into a bowl, add the roasted cauliflower last and drizzle with a generous amount of dressing.
- This salad would go beautifully with lamb, lemon chicken or some white fish.