Strawberry Cheesecake – this recipe is inspired from Wholefoods Simply, thank you!
Your challenge it to only have one piece. This is a delicious dessert, very decadent!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (sulfate free, go to health food shop to avoid the preservative 220 that is used in dried fruits)
- 6 dates pitied
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- pinch of salt
- 250g philladelphia cream cheese (use lite if you wish), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- handful of chopped strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries or rasberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup or rice malt syrup (feel free to add more or less
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (refined, if you don’t like the coconut flavour so much)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Base: Blend all ingredients in your food processor for at least 5 minutes, it needs to come together if not add a little coconut oil to create a dough consistency. Once blended extremely well, will be soft to touch pour into your tin/mould lined with baking paper. Firmly press the base into the mould and place in the freezer.
- Filling: Blend all ingredients in food processor until you have a nice creamy consistency should take 5-7 minutes. Once you have a creamy consistency add to your base, sprinkle with frozen strawberries or rasberries and place back in the freezer.
- Top: place ingredients in a pot and milk together, creating a lovely ganache to be spread lightly ontop of your cheesecake and placed back into the freezer.
- Give it at least 1-2 hours in the freezer before serving.