This salad can be served with any protein it doesn’t have to be beef. This meal is a great source of Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Zinc, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Complex Carbohydrates (great gut fibre), Monounsaturated Fat and it makes your feel good.
Serves roughly 5 depending on how hungry you are.
- 1 bag of kaleslaw kit or something with lots of greens in it (I don’t normally buy these b/c environmental reasons but they are easy and convenient when your trying to be healthy and have a nutritious and easy). This contains kale, carrot, cabbage, beetroot and many other goodies.
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cucumbers chopped (they aren’t in season at the moment so you could try snow peas or something that is in season instead)
- 2 pieces of rump steak (preferably grass fed) 250 grams
- 1/2 packet of vermicelli noodles (optional)
- 1 bunch of mint chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Thai Beef Sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce (soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- squeeze of 2 lime
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated ginger
- 1 finely grated or crushed garlic
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients in glass jar, shake and taste to ensure you have balanced flavours
- Bring fry pan to high heat. Place beef on plate and cover with most of the EVOO. Cook a couple of minutes each side to your liking. Once cooked remove from heat, and rest until ready to serve.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl. If using noodles cook as per instructions. Mix noodles, salad and salad dressing together, be sure to leave a small amount of dressing to use when platting up.
- Slice steak, roughly 1 cm thickness.
- Plate up, topping with a couple of pieces of steak and drizzle with left over salad dressing.