This is a delicious and so simple recipe. I like things to be as easy as possible in the kitchen.
Ingredients: Serves 4 -6
- 1 Leek or brown onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 head of cauliflower. cut into smaller florets
- 500g Jap Pumpkin, take skin off and cut into chunks
- 2 big tablespoons of Yellow Curry Paste (I use Mae Ploy, no nasties in it just pour ingredients: lemongrass, shallots, garlic, galangal, diced red chilli, corriander seed, Kaffir lime peal etc… ) “It’s the bomb, if you don’t have all the wonderful individual spices in your kitchen”
- 500ml of home made chicken stock
- 400ml of coconut milk or cream
- bunch of corriander
Roast pumpkin in oven for roughly 30mins at 180 degress
Meanwhile sauté leek for 5mins and then add the garlic and continue sauteing for another 3-4mins until leek is soft in texture. Then add 2 tablespoons of curry paste, the cauliflower and pumpkin, sauté for another 2-3 minutes so the vegetables absorb the spices.
Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and reduce heat cook until cauliflower is cooked through. Once cooked blend all the ingredients with a blender until you have a smooth consistency. Final step add the coconut milk stir through.
Serve with a generous garnish of corriander, salt and pepper to taste.